Top 5 Ways to Choose a Skin Care Supplement
Dietary supplements are now available for a lot more than just ensuring good nutrition. Many products are now made to help women meet specific health, wellness and beauty goals, and if you think you're ready to add a supplement to your diet, you'll quickly find that there are thousands of choices available for you to select. While this can be overwhelming at first, if you keep five simple tips in mind, you can easily find the perfect supplement and potentially start getting the benefits of a more complete diet.
5. Do Some Reading. Before you begin shopping for supplements, you should take some time to become familiar with the essential vitamins, minerals and fatty acids that your body needs. Refer to authoritative websites, such as those written by government agencies, universities and physicians. Once you have a basic understanding of what roles various nutrients play in the body, you can choose a supplement by reading the ingredients, as you'll have a better idea of what benefits the product can offer.
4. Know Your Brands. There are thousands of companies that manufacture supplements. Some, such as Imedeen and Perricone MD, are very reputable while others are not. Spend some time researching the various companies on the market, looking for brands that are formulated by physicians or backed by scientific studies.
3. Read Reviews. Product reviews posted on reputable retailers' websites can be a great benefit when you're shopping for supplements. Reviews can tell you whether or not products have any side effects or if there are any drawbacks to taking them. For example, one of the biggest problems with fish oil supplements is that many taste unpleasant and may possibly cause gastrointestinal upset. As you'll see from reviews of Perricone MD Omega 3 Dietary Supplement, women who take the product generally don't report any foul taste, belching or indigestion, indicating that the supplement may be less likely to cause these types of side effects for you.
2. Shop by Need. Another approach to choosing supplements is to shop by need or concern. By having a clear picture of what you hope to get from a supplement, you can instantly refine your search to focus only on products that are ideal for you. Many products are formulated for very specific needs. An example is Imedeen Time Perfection, which has been reported to be a highly effective dietary supplement that is made especially for women between the ages of 35 and 50 who are concerned with the development of signs of aging.
1. Talk to Your Doctor. Before making any final choice about a dietary supplement, you should always consult your doctor. If you think you've found the perfect supplement, print out the information or have it ready on your smart phone to share with your physician. Talk about what your goals for taking a supplement are and why you believe the particular product is right for you, and then listen to whatever feedback your physician has about your choice. Following your doctor's advice can help you avoid unwanted side effects and potential drug interactions, along with helping you choose the nutrients you may need in order to meet your individual and specific dietary needs.