Every holiday season it happens. You end up getting a gift from someone you didn't expect, or you realize you omitted someone from your holiday shopping list accidentally. Last minute gift shopping is always stressful, and it can lead to hasty buying decisions and presents that don't completely satisfy. To help you get your last minute gift in a hurry and still give the recipient a great present, here is a list of 10 great gifts of beauty that you can purchase online for lightning quick shipping or find in many stores. 1. CHI Rocket Professional Hair Dryer -
Give her the gift of less time under the blow dryer! The CHI Rocket Professional Hair Dryer
is a truly salon quality dryer that is so powerful that it reduces drying time by 50 percent. CHI
has designed the hair dryer to be gentle on the hair, and it infuses each strand with ions to help neutralize frizz and boost shine. 2. Panasonic Facial Ionic Steamer -
For the woman who is always heading to the spa for a facial, the Panasonic Facial Ionic Steamer
will make a great gift. The steamer will allow her to open her pores to address skin congestion and signs of aging with equipment similar to what is used at top spas. Panasonic
has engineered the system to produce water molecules that are 4,000 times smaller than ordinary steam droplets, so that they can be more easily absorbed by the pores. 3. Urban Decay Vice 2 -
If she loves makeup, her eyes will widen when she catches a glimpse of the Urban Decay Vice 2
. This palette contains 20 brand new shades from top cosmetics brand Urban Decay
, all arranged in an easy-to-store palette along with an applicator brush. The brand is beloved by both teens and adults, making this a highly versatile holiday gift idea. 4. NuFace Trinity - Purple -
A woman who is always excited to get the latest gadget will be wowed by the NuFace Trinity - Purple
. This beauty tool produces microcurrent, a mild form of electrical stimulation that helps to rejuvenate the skin cells to promote a more youthful complexion. NuFace
packages the Trinity with a priming gel to ensure best results and all the accessories she needs to keep the device charged and ready to travel.
5. Philips Sonicare Easy Clean Sonic Toothbrush -
Anyone can benefit from healthier teeth, and the Philips Sonicare Easy Clean Sonic Toothbrush
is designed to make good oral hygiene easier for anyone. The vibrations remove more plaque than manual brushing, and a built-in timer ensures that enough time is spent on both the top and bottom jaws. Philips Sonicare
has added a special system that will allow the recipient to ease into using the device over 14 days, making the transition to power cleaning simpler. 6. ALTERNA Caviar Moisture Duo -
You'll be giving her the gift of good hair days throughout the New Year when you put the ALTERNA Caviar Moisture Duo
under the tree. This shampoo and conditioner set helps to deeply hydrate and nourish the tresses to address damage due to styling and chemical processing. With regular use, the ALTERNA
hair care products can make the strands less likely to break, and any woman's tresses simpler to manage and style.
7. Crest 3D White Whitestrips, Professional Effects -
Know someone who is always considering laser whitening treatments for their teeth but never decides to make the investment? He or she will be thrilled with the Crest 3D White Whitestrips, Professional Effects
kit, which will allow them to address discoloration of the teeth right at home. In clinical studies, the kit from Crest
has been shown to remove up to 14 years of staining within 20 days of daily use. 8. Boots No7 Protect and Perfect Intense Kit -
Inside of the Boots No7 Protect and Perfect Intense Kit
, the lucky gift recipient will find three products to help her improve her anti-aging skin care regimen. The trio of products is from the ultra-popular Protect and Perfect line from Boots
No7 and work by shielding the skin from the damage that causes signs of aging while moisturizing and forming the skin to diminish the appearance of existing lines and wrinkles. 9. TIGI Bed Head Curve Check XL Tourmaline Ceramic Styling Iron Pink Handle -
Wavy tresses are all the rage, but many women struggle to get that look on their own or with a curling iron. The TIGI Bed Head Curve Check XL Tourmaline Ceramic Styling Iron Pink Handle
is a unique styling tool made just for producing waves and will help her get the look she's been wanting, with ease. The clamp-free design helps to eliminate kinks and creases on waves, and TIGI
includes a glove for heat protection. 10. Bliss Let It Glow -
Help her face 2014 with a glowing complexion by giving her Bliss Let It Glow
! This skin care set includes four formulas from top spa skin care line Bliss
that work together to promote radiance and improve overall skin health. She'll get the Fabulous Foaming Face Wash with built-in exfoliator, the Triple Oxygen Plus C Cream for daily moisture, the Triple Oxygen Mask for pampering and the Fabulips Softening Lip Balm to keep her lips luscious.
Keep in mind that many of these products are popular holiday gifts that could sell out quickly. Be sure to do your shopping soon so that you can surprise those lucky people on your list with a gift that they'll never suspect was purchased at the eleventh hour.
When the Pilgrims shared that first Thanksgiving dinner with the Indians, it's likely that cranberries were on the table. Long a major part of the diet of the Native Americans in Massachusetts, cranberries have become a traditional part of the holiday season. Not only are the berries a festive tradition, but they also offer huge nutritional benefits, making them one of the healthiest things likely to be on your table over the course of the holidays.
Here's a look at all of the benefits of eating your cranberries:
- Support for Digestive Health - Eating 1 cup of raw cranberries supplies you with 20 percent of your daily dietary fiber requirements (based on a 2,000 calorie diet). Fiber is essential to the functioning of the immune system, as it helps to keep food cycling through the stomach and intestines to reduce the chances of constipation.
- Antioxidant Protection - Your body relies on antioxidants to help limit the effects of the free radicals that cause damage to the body and contribute to the aging process. One cup of cranberries provides you with vitamins A, C and E, three of the most powerful antioxidant nutrients. In fact, one serving provides 24 percent of the necessary vitamin C requirements, making the fruit beneficial for immune support.
- Blood Health - To clot properly when you suffer a wound, your body relies on vitamin K. Cranberries are an excellent source of the nutrient, providing 7 percent of your body's daily requirements with just one serving.
- Strong Bones and Connective Tissue - When we think of bone health, we often think of calcium, but it's not the only mineral that our body needs to produce healthy bones. Manganese is another key nutrient for bone health and also helps to contribute to the production of connective tissue. A single serving of cranberries gives you 20 percent of the manganese that you need per day.
Keep in mind that the way you enjoy cranberries matters. Canned cranberry sauce is full of sugar and sodium and not the best way to benefit from the magically nutritious fruit. Instead, try making a fresh cranberry salad using one of the hundreds of recipes that you can find online. You can also get the nutritional benefits of cranberries by adding dried ones to your stuffing, salads and desserts. When you need a quick snack, mix dried or thawed frozen cranberries into some plain Greek yogurt for a healthy treat. With some creativity, you can find many ways to enjoy the traditional cranberry.
No one wakes up in the morning looking flawless, but you can get a flawless look in a hurry. With the right cosmetics products, all it takes is a few steps to get your skin looking perfect, so that you're ready to head out the door.
1. Prime and Perfect. Before you reach for any of your cosmetics, prepare your skin to be an ideal canvas with a high quality primer like The Supernatural Primer from Philosophy. Cosmetic primer will help to refine your pores, so that your makeup adheres evenly and does not dilute as quickly during the day.
2. Correct. Once your primer is in place, you're ready to give your entire complexion a correcting layer of foundation. By choosing a product like Peter Thomas Roth UnWrinkle Foundation - Medium, you can simultaneously give the illusion of even skin tone while firming the skin with a blend of peptides and neuropeptides. This will actually help to minimize the prominence of signs of aging with regular use. Liquid foundation like this one from Peter Thomas Roth should be applied with a foundation brush that features synthetic bristles. Place the foundation on in dots and then smooth it into place, being careful to blend around the jaw, hairline and nose.
3. Conceal. After you have applied your foundation, use a high quality concealer to cover any imperfections that remain visible. Be sure to choose a concealer that is the same shade as your foundation, or opt for a foundation that can double as a concealer like Philosophy Supernatural Air Brushed Canvas SPF Natural Ivory. Use a flat, narrow concealer brush with a rounded edge and dot on the concealer directly to the imperfections, blending with a bullet or oval sponge.
4. Contour. By now, your skin should look even in tone and imperfections should be difficult to spot, but you may not be looking flawless quite yet. You'll need to apply foundation to your cheekbones, bronzer in a thin line beneath them and highlighter just above them to give your cheeks the perfect glow. Also, sweep the bronzer along the sides of your nose and along your jaw and hairlines and give yourself a burst of illumination by applying your highlighter above your brows and on the point of your chin.
5. Set. With your concealer now covering those tiny flaws, you're ready to set your makeup with powder. Translucent is best for Caucasian women who are not yet faced with many signs of aging. Try a shimmering translucent formula to give mature Caucasian skin a healthy glow, or use pigmented powder for darker skin to avoid washing out natural undertones.
When you're selecting your cosmetics, you don't need to confine yourself all inclusive to one brand. In fact, you'll likely get the best results if you choose the best formulas from a variety of well-known skin care and cosmetic lines, so do some research and find the perfect options for your complexion. Quality makeup and skin care brands such as Philosophy and Peter Thomas Roth can be found at many major skin care and beauty websites such as SkinStore.com, drugstore.com, Walgreens.com and Beauty.com.
Signs of aging are the biggest skin care concerns of many women, so it's no surprise that so many skin care brands offer products designed to address lines and wrinkles. So how do you decide which products to try from the thousands on the market? Read on to discover four of the best ways to deal with signs of aging and some products that are proven to offer benefits for mature complexions.
1. Antioxidants - While your skin does gradually change in texture as you age as a part of the natural shifts in collagen production, oxidative damage plays a huge role in the development of wrinkles. Free radicals in the environment attack the skin cells, leaving them damaged and decreasing skin firmness. Antioxidants work against that by neutralizing the particles before they can damage the skin.
Product to try- SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic - This formula is clinically shown to improve the skin's resistance to the effects of free radicals by up to eight times.
2. Human Growth Factor - Your skin has an amazing ability to heal itself, but often times, the rate at which your body can produce new skin cells is not fast enough to overcome signs of aging. Human growth factor is an ingredient that encourages the production of skin cells, so that you can assist your body's natural processes that firm and tone areas prone to lines and wrinkles.
Product to try - Neocutis Lumiere Bio-Restorative Eye Cream - This nourishing eye cream uses Processed Skin Cell Proteins to firm the skin in the eye area while addressing dark circles and puffiness with caffeine.
3. Retinol - All day long, your skin is shedding cells to keep your complexion as smooth and healthy as possible. With the help of a derivative of vitamin A known as retinol, you can use this process to your advantage. Retinol speeds up cellular turnover in the area of skin imperfections, encouraging skin renewal and decreasing the depth of lines.
Product to try - Nouvelle 6 Retinol Skin Cream from Neocutis - Special U-beads present in this formula allow the retinol to be gradually released into the skin, so that it continues to offer benefits for an extended period of time.
4. Vitamin B5 and Hyaluronic Acid - Two natural substances, vitamin B5 and hyaluronic acid make a great team for anti-aging skin care. The vitamin encourages the skin to repair damaged cells, while hyaluronic acid supplements the moisture content in the skin by pulling in water from the air. The result is firmer skin that is less prone to wrinkling.
Product to try - Hydrating B5 Gel from SkinCeuticals - This gel is a lightweight serum that is very simple to apply and ideal for all skin types, as it is oil free.
Remember that even the very best products for fighting aging skin can't produce instant results. You'll need to dedicate yourself to your daily anti-aging skin care regimen to truly see a reduction in the prominence or appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You can find quality anti-aging brands such as SkinCeuticals and Neocutis at major skin and beauty websites such as Beauty.com, drugstore.com, Walgreens.com and SkinStore.com.
Holiday parties, holiday dinners at restaurants and family get-togethers often mean drinking, and alcohol is one of the biggest causes of holiday-related weight gain. That doesn't mean that you have to stick to water or iced tea until after New Years to watch your figure. By following these tips, you can still enjoy some festive cocktails without blowing your diet.
- Lighten up the traditional rum and Coke by ordering it with Diet Coke. A shot of rum only has about 100 calories, and Diet Coke is calorie free. If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can also try Coke Zero, which has a flavor that is more similar to Coca-Cola Classic.
- Diet ginger ale is a great mixer that is very versatile. You can mix it with any flavored vodka for a refreshing, bubbly treat that is low in calories.
- Instead of margaritas, try tequila with soda. You can still coat the rim of the glass with salt and serve with a lime to have a holiday cocktail inspired by the tastes from south of the border.
- On New Year's Eve skip the cocktails completely and enjoy a glass of bubbly. Champagne has less than 100 calories per 4-ounce pour, making it one of the friendliest drinks for your diet.
- If you're dying for a dessert drink for the holiday season, try a mudslide. The mix of coffee flavored liqueur, Irish creme and vodka has less than 200 calories per 4-ounce glass.
- Can't get through the holidays without eggnog? Never fear! You can lighten it up by using 1 percent milk as your dairy and opting for a lower proof spiced rum. Use real vanilla beans instead of vanilla extract, and you'll get plenty of flavor, allowing you to cut some of the sugar as well.
- Cocktail traditionalists will be pleased to know that vodka tonic and gin and tonic are both low calorie options for the bar. You can slash calories from these traditional favorites by making them with diet tonic water.
- Several reputable cocktail mix brands make low calorie and no sugar added mixes for favorites like margaritas and daiquiris. Just be sure to use a lower proof alcohol to keep your caloric intake to a minimum.
The holidays are a time to relax and enjoy time with friends, but drinking responsibly is a must for the holiday season. Don't let yourself get carried away and overindulge simply because you're opting for low calorie beverages. Stay safe!
I typically go to award-winning Wendy Brandes jewelry website and blog so that I can order my jewelry; not only because I happen to love her designs, but also because she makes it so easy to choose particular pieces. She has organized her site in such a user-friendly way--for instance, she places her pieces categorically in terms of the type of metal or piece you want, whether it be silver, gold, platinum or other… Or rings, necklaces, earrings and the like…and I happen to love silver no matter what type of jewelry it may be. However, this particular time I perused her website just to see what she was blogging about. And as usual, it was something that piqued my interest. Although this time is was about fashion, not jewelry.
I happened upon an article about polka dots (in terms of fashion and fabric) and I was tickled pink that she featured Katy Perry in the cutest dress that reminded me of a dress that my own Mom had dressed me in years ago that I absolutely adored. Although Katy’s dress may not have been actual vintage, per se, it was still the cutest vintage-inspired dress I had seen in decades because it was made of a polka-dots and floral fabric, so I just had to not only take a second look but had to share it with all of you as well. Check out Wendy’s Nov. 26th post, Fashion Repeats Itself: Polka Dots and Flowers and you’ll see just what I’m talkin’ about!
Actress Naomi Watts broke onto the scene in the 1990s and gained critical acclaim for her role in the 2001 film "Mulholland Drive." Since then, she has appeared in numerous movies, including big name films like "The Ring" and "King Kong." Naomi has even been nominated for an Academy Award twice: in 2003 for "21 Grams" and in 2012 for "The Impossible." This fall, she is once again taking to the screen in a much anticipated role--Princess Diana in the biopic film "Diana."
Preparing to play Princess Diana was a daunting task for Naomi. In interviews, she has described how surreal it was to even be chosen for the part, as she never believed she would have the opportunity to play such a well-known and beloved woman. To get ready for the part, Naomi learned as much as she could about Diana's life from reading interviews and books and watching footage of the princess.
One of the most difficult parts of transforming herself into Diana was getting the princess' voice down pat. Naomi has revealed that she spent six weeks doing daily 4-hour trainings with a voice coach to learn how to speak like Diana. She has spoken in interviews about even reading to her children, Samuel and Alexander, using the voice to continue practicing.
On set, Naomi was reportedly in character all of the time. Her costars Naveen Andrews and Cas Anvar describe how she would arrive to a shoot as Princess Diana and remain her between takes. Naomi has explained that this was necessary for her to truly capture Diana on the screen because she wanted to portray her as accurately as possible.
Despite her efforts, some people still think that the firm does not fully capture Princess Diana. Naomi has said that she believes this is because so many people loved the late princess and felt that they had personal connections to her. As a result, seeing anyone in her role can be less than satisfying.
Regardless of some of the criticism and negative press, it's obvious that Naomi gave this role all that she had and that she truly did her best to capture Diana. Even if the film does not go down in history as a cinematic masterpiece, Naomi will always be remembered for taking on the challenging part. Next up, you can see Naomi in two 2014 films: "Birdman" and "St. Vincent De Van Nuys."
When you're putting together your holiday gift list, you nearly always have one or two people for whom you wish to spend only a small amount. Top beauty brands know how popular stocking stuffers are around the holidays, and as a result, many companies offer great items for gift giving. Here are 10 of the top stocking stuffer gifts for the 2013 holidays.
1. eos Smooth Lip Balm Sphere Holiday Ornament Gift Pack - The lip balm line from eos is one of the most popular in the world, as women love the way the brand combines nourishing natural ingredients like organic olive and coconut oils with delicious flavors. Presented in an ornament-inspired package, the eos Smooth Lip Balm Sphere Holiday Ornament Gift Pack gives that special someone full-size lip balm spheres in three flavors: Vanilla, Sweet Mint and Pomegranate Raspberry.
2. bareMinerals Show Me The Shimmer - Even ladies who don't like to wear heavy makeup are often delighted by lip gloss since it adds just subtle color to the lips along with an eye-catching shine. This means that the bareMinerals Show Me The Shimmer kit will be a hit with teens and grown ladies alike! Made from natural ingredients, the bareMinerals lip glosses include six colors and are sold at a discounted price in this special holiday set.
3. Aveeno Active Naturals Holiday Gift Set Hydrating Indulgence - Know a lady with sensitive skin who deserves some pampering during the holidays and beyond? Give her the Aveeno Active Naturals Holiday Gift Set Hydrating Indulgence, which includes a body wash and body butter that are extra pampering for delicate skin. Aveeno products are dermatologist tested and hypoallergenic, making the kit the perfect choice for ladies with sensitive skin.
4. L'Occitane Hand Indulgences - If she's a gardener, a winter sports enthusiast, an eczema sufferer or just a lady whose hands deserve some tender loving care, the L'Occitane Hand Indulgences will be the perfect holiday gift. L'Occitane has brought together three of their most popular hand creams for the set: the Almond Delicious Hands cream, the Shea Butter Hand Cream and the Pivoine Flora Hand Cream.
5. e.l.f Beauty Clutch - This gift set from e.l.f. is perfect for teens and women who love to experiment with makeup looks. In the e.l.f Beauty Clutch, she'll get 32 eye shadows in a rainbow of colors, two blushes, a bronzer, a highlighting shimmer, six cream lip colors, brow shadow and cream and three applicators. With all of this new makeup, she'll be mix and matching all through 2014!
6. Burt's Bees Beeswax Bounty Assorted Lip Balm Holiday Gift Pack - Burt's Bees has put together the perfect stocking stuffer for the woman who is frequently on the road! In the Burt's Bees Beeswax Bounty Assorted Lip Balm Holiday Gift Pack, she'll get a woven paper change purse that is great for traveling and four of the famous beeswax lip balms made by the natural skin care brand.
7. The BODY SHOP Shower, Scrub and Moisture Collection, Ginger Sparkle - Make her holidays a little sweeter with The BODY SHOP Shower, Scrub and Moisture Collection, Ginger Sparkle. This set will have her smiling the moment that she opens it to find the gingerbread cookie gift tin. When she experiences the way the included shower gel, body butter, body polish and heart soap from The Body Shop work to improve the health of her skin, her smile will just continue to grow!
8. OPI Mariah Carey Mini 3-Pack Liquid Sand - From OPI comes a great gift for the woman who prefers to do her mani-pedis at home. The OPI Mariah Carey Mini 3-Pack Liquid Sand set includes three of the nail lacquers developed by singer Mariah Carey: the sparkly pink Silent Stars Go By, the Baby Please Come Home glitter lilac and the Make Him Mine sparkly rose. This set is sure to please tweens, teens and women of all ages.
9. Kiss My Face 2013 Holiday Soaps Collection - Not sure what kind of skin care products she uses for her face? Get her the Kiss My Face 2013 Holiday Soaps Collection, a great stocking stuffer for any woman! The set includes the popular olive oil soap from Kiss My Face packaged in a limited edition tin as well as bottles of the anjou pear and pomegranate acai hand soaps.
10. Bliss Mistletoe Must-Haves - Help her solve two winter skin care products by giving her the Bliss Mistletoe Must-Haves this holiday season. For combating dry, cracked hands, the set contains the High Intensity Hand Cream from Bliss, and there is also a tube of the Fabulips Softening Lip Balm to fight winter chapping.
Keep in mind that all of these great holiday stocking suffers are available for a limited time. Get your shopping underway now, so you don't miss your chance to give a great gift of beauty.
During the holiday season, you can bet that the outlet mall near your home will be packed tightly with car loads of holiday shoppers out buying gifts and outfits for all of the functions that they must attend. If you'll be joining them this holiday season, it's important that you keep some tips in mind to make the most of your experience.
- Before the days of outlet malls, outlet stores were often located near factories or warehouses and were places where manufacturers sold off overstock inventory or flawed items. The discounts at these types of outlets were very high.
- Todays outlet malls are much different than the traditional type. While many outlets do have a selection of overstock material, some contain the same items found at other retailers or carry merchandise made specifically to sell at outlets.
- Many outlets use pricing ploys to make their items seem inexpensive. They may have price tags attached to the clothing that are priced much higher than they expect them to sell for and then cover the tags with markdown stickers to make it appear as if the item has been deeply reduced. Others continuously have sales and never sell their merchandise for tag price.
- To get good deals, it's a good idea to research outlets a little before you shop. Take a look at the list of stores at the outlet mall and determine which ones you would like to visit. Then, take a look at the regular retail prices of the items from that brand. This will help you spot things that are truly discounted.
- Before you shop at an outlet mall, head to the visitor center and see if there is a coupon book for the outlets. Prior to purchasing it, look at the coupons inside and ensure that they are for places that you will actually be shopping. If so, the book could help you save more when you shop.
- During the holiday season, outlet malls often have special sales, and for these events, items are often greatly reduced in price. Monitor the website for your nearest locations to find out when the sales will be held in your area.
Like any shopping trip, an excursion to the outlets should always have a budget. It's easy to overspend when you get to the mall, so be sure to take the time to determine just how much you're willing to invest in your holiday shopping this year.
After finding out my niece was engaged…I instantly took to the net to find some wedding and other beauty blogs that could help us with our planning. There is a particular website I can always count on to give me countless choices for all things beauty…and yet again… Beauty High.com has yet to let me down!
Caitie has this desire to look very natural and has mentioned on countless occasions wanting to have the up-do hair (and bangs) and understated natural beauty and look as that of actress Jessica Biel on her wedding day. And without fail, I took to the website and found just what we were looking for under the beauty blog’s archived posts. Check out BeautyHigh’s October 24, 2012 post, First Look: Jessica Biel’s Wedding Day Beauty
and you’ll see just what I’m talkin’ bout! Special thanks to poster Rachel Adler’s informative read and People mag’s beautiful photo of the happy and lovely bride and groom! Cheers!
Over the years, Cindy Crawford has appeared on lists of the most beautiful women and supermodels in the world, and during the 1990s, every brand wanted to have their products associated with her beautiful face. At the age of 47, Cindy remains every bit as beautiful as she was when she was one of the world's busiest and most renowned super models. In honor of the model, I put together this look back at her career.
- An unexpected start - Cindy didn't grow up dreaming of becoming a model. In fact, she was valedictorian of her high school in DeKalb, Illinois, and she won a scholarship to study chemical engineering. After completing just a single semester of college, she dropped out and began to pursue modeling as her sole career.
- The face of the 80s and 90s - It seemed that Cindy achieved her status as a top supermodel overnight, and she quickly began to win cover spots on top fashion magazines. By 1998, she had appeared in more than 400 magazine photo shoots.
- Other work during her modeling heyday - Like other models before and after her, Cindy attempted acting and other types of work while still enjoying her status as one of the world's top supermodels. She hosted a television show on MTV called "House of Style," and appeared in the music videos of artists like George Michael and Jon Bon Jovi. In 1995, she played the lead role in a movie called "Fair Game."
- Cindy Crawford Home - After retiring from modeling in 2000, Cindy briefly disappeared from the public eye. In 2005, she reemerged with her own brand of furniture. To produce her designs, she enlisted the help of manufacturer HM Richards.
- Meaningful Beauty - Also in 2005, Meaningful Beauty, Cindy's line of skin care products, made its debut. The collection was developed with the help of Dr. Jean-Louis Sebagh, an anti-aging skin care expert who has helped numerous celebrities, including Cindy, maintain the youthfulness of their complexions. Today, Meaningful Beauty makes a complete line of skin care formulas to help minimize the appearance of skin imperfections while decreasing the likelihood that signs of aging will develop in the future.
In addition to checking out Cindy's furniture and skin care collections, you can keep an eye out for Cindy in your favorite magazines. From time to time, she still makes appearances in photo shoots and even on the covers of popular publications. It's clear that Cindy's star isn't even close to losing its bright shine and she just seems to get ever more beautiful with age.
Fragrance products are by far one of the most popular options for holiday gift giving. One reason for this is because nearly anyone can wear cologne, perfume and other scent formulas, making a gift set with a great fragrance nearly universally appealing. A fragrance gift set will also last well beyond the holidays and provides the recipient with something that he or she would likely not buy on his or her own. So what are the hottest fragrance sets for the 2013 holiday season? Read on for 10 great fragrance sets for men and women. 1. John Varvatos Artisan Black Gift Set - John Varvatos
fragrances are favorites among men because they come across as masculine yet have distinctive character. The John Varvatos Artisan Black Gift Set
features a limited edition scent from the collection. Its fragrance is best described as a mixture of wood and citrus. He'll receive a full-size eau de toilette and a travel-sized spray in the handsome gift box. 2. Robert Piguet Fracas Set for Women -
Considered one of the most luxurious fragrances for women on the market today, Fracas from Robert Piguet
has a very elegant bouquet. The notes include jasmine, peach, lily of the valley, musk, orange blossom and cedar. In the Robert Piguet Fracas Set for Women
, the lucky recipient will get a 3.4-ounce eau de parfum spray and a 6.7-ounce scented body lotion. 3. Lolita Lempicka Fleur De Coral -
When creating scents, designer Lolita Lempicka
draws inspiration from fairy tales, which is perhaps why the bouquets of her signature products are so unique. With its mix of grapefruit, bergamot, frangipani and vanilla orchid, Fleur de Coral is no exception. You can allow her to experience this fanciful fragrance with the Lolita Lempicka Fleur De Coral
, which includes a 1.7-ounce spray and a 3.4-ounce body lotion. 4. Calvin Klein Men's Coffret -
Unsure what type of fragrance he'd love the best? Why not get him a sampling of some of the signature scents from one of the most popular fragrance lines in the world--the Calvin Klein
collection? Packaged in a handsome blue box, the Calvin Klein Men's Coffret
includes .5-ounce bottles of eau de toilette in four scents: Eternity for Men, Eternity for Men Aqua, Euphoria for Men and Obsession for Men. 5. Gucci Guilty Gift Set -
For the girl who is frequently on the go, the Gucci Guilty Gift Set
makes a thoughtful fragrance gift. Not only does this set include a 2.5-ounce eau de toilette spray of the tremendously popular spicy and exotic fragrance from Gucci
, but it also features a .25-ounce spray designed to go in her purse and a 3.3-ounce scented shower gel for freshening up while traveling. 6. BVLGARI Mon Jasmin Noir -
name has been synonymous with luxury since 1884, so when you give a fragrance gift from the collection, any lady with some scent savvy is sure to be impressed. The BVLGARI Mon Jasmin Noir
includes a bottle of eau de parfum and a bejeweled carrying pouch. The mix of golden cedrat, lily of the valley, jasmine, nougatine and wood notes is sure to wow her as much as the couture name on the gift box.
7. Thierry Mugler Angel Gift Set for Women -
If you know a woman who is more of an earthy angel than a glamor queen, the Thierry Mugler Angel Gift Set
For Women is the perfect choice for her holiday gift. The set includes three products that feature the Angel scent from Thierry Mugler
, which is a combination of vanilla, sandalwood, patchouli and fruits. Along with a refillable body spray, she'll get a shower gel and a body lotion with a cosmetics case in which to store it all. 8. Michael Kors Eau de Parfum -
The fragrance of Michael Kors Eau de Parfum
is sure to help any busy mom find her sexy side and feel gorgeous whether she wears the perfume every day or for special occasions. To create this fragrance, Michael Kors
drew inspiration from scents from around the world, bringing together an unlikely combination of ingredients like freesia, Moroccan incense, blue orris, cashmere wood and white wings peonies. The result is a sensual fragrance as unique as the lucky lady who wears it. 9. DKNY Be Delicious -
If you know a lady who is always buzzing about the latest beauty trends, DKNY Be Delicious Women’s Be Delightful
set is the must-have for her holiday gift. The Be Delicious perfume from DKNY
not only leaves behind a great scent, but its counterpart lotion which is also included in the set imparts nutrients and emollients into the skin tissue as well. When she uses this fragrance and the coordinating body lotion on a regular basis, she'll smell beautiful and feel lovelier all while helping to improve the health of her skin. 10. Paul Sebastian Gift Set for Men -
Know a guy who is so set on wearing traditional fragrances that he hasn't updated his signature scent in years? Get him the Paul Sebastian Gift Set for Men
and let him make a change without compromising his classic taste. This scent has been a favorite in the Paul Sebastian
collection since 1978 and is the perfect choice for an everyday cologne and after-shave. The set includes both products to help him with his sexy, sensational fragrance makeover.
By introducing online shopping, paperless fashion magazines, style blogs and other finds for fashionistas, the Internet has changed how women learn about fashion and shop for clothes. Now, the smart phone is changing fashion even more, making it possible for women to do everything from viewing scenes from the runways to finding the best deals on new pieces.
- The Cut - Fashion trends come and go so quickly, but you can keep up to date easily with The Cut. This app version of New York Magazine's famous fashion section allows you to see what's hot and what's not. This app is great to check out the collection from the different Fashion Week shows held around the world. There's also a great time-killer of a fashion game that allows you to vote on whether outfits are hits or misses.
- Stylitics - When the new runway looks are unveiled each season, it can be difficult to know which pieces will make the best investments for your wardrobe. Stylitics can help you examine what colors, prints and types of pieces you already have in your wardrobe, so that you can easily see where there are gaps that need filling. Just snap photographs, and you can categorize your pieces and accessories by various criteria to get a feel for exactly what's already in the closet.
- ShopStyle - So you've used Stylitics to find out what pieces need mates, where you're lacking in accessories and what colors are your must-have hues for the season. Now, how do you quickly find the latest looks to complete your wardrobe? ShopStyle makes it easy! This powerful search engine app allows you to browse the latest fashion collection of numerous top designers looking for very specific criteria, making shopping much quicker.
- Chic Feed - The runway isn't the only place to get great fashion cues. Seeing how everyday women in cities around the world create outfits can provide you with inspiration. This app focuses on Street Style, bringing you feeds from top sites across the Internet.
- FashionClyp - Whether you prefer to shop online or in stores, you want to get the best deals on your new pieces and accessories this season. FashionClyp can help you make sure that you never miss a sale. This app provides listings of online and offline sales and coupon codes for major department stores and high-end retailers to help you get the best possible price.
These are just a few of the hundreds of fashion apps that you'll find on Google Play and in the Apple App store. Spend some time doing some browsing and research on your own after you've downloaded these hot fashion-forward apps.
Mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes are two favorite sides when entertaining for the holidays. Used as starches alongside meals, mashed and sweet potatoes are both crowd pleasers and friendly foods for even picky eaters. But how do the two sides compare nutritionally? To find out, I decided to take a look at their nutritional content side by side.
When doing my comparison, I decided to look at mashed potatoes made with the traditional recipe of butter and whole milk. I looked at mashed sweet potatoes, but without any additives, as the vegetable can be enjoyed as a mash completely plain. The calculations I performed were for 1 cup of the mashed white and sweet potatoes and the percentages are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Here are my findings:
- A serving of mashed potatoes contains 227 calories, while a serving of sweet potatoes contains 257 calories.
- In a serving of mashed potatoes, there are 10 grams of fat, 6 of which are unhealthy saturated fats and 3 of which are heart healthier monounsaturated fats. Sweet potatoes have .5 grams of fat per serving.
- If you're on a restricted diet for hypertension or cholesterol, the sweet potatoes are the wiser choice. One serving is cholesterol free and has 191 mg of sodium as compared to 29 mg of cholesterol and 540 mg of sodium for the mashed white potatoes.
- Counting carbs? White mashers have just 30 grams of carbs per serving, while mashed sweet potatoes have 59 grams. Both have roughly 4 grams of dietary fiber.
- Sweet potatoes are one of the best sources of vitamin A that you'll find in the produce aisle, and a single serving gives you 443 percent of your daily requirement of the nutrient. White potato mash provides 7 percent. Vitamin A is essential for the health of many organs, particularly the eyes.
- When comparing potassium levels, sweet potatoes win with nearly double the amount at 15 percent of your daily requirement versus 8 percent for traditional mashed. Potassium is required to help your body produce energy and to balance levels of sodium in your bloodstream.
- Mashed and sweet potatoes are pretty close to one another in terms of their vitamin C content, offering 21 percent and 22 percent of the daily requirements, respectively. Vitamin C has many important roles in the body, including serving as an immune system booster and assisting with the manufacturing of collagen.
- If you choose to eat sweet potatoes for your holiday meal, you'll receive 30 percent of your daily requirements for vitamin B6, which assists with metabolism and plays a role in skin cell and red blood cell production. White mashed potatoes do not contain the nutrient.
- Sweet potatoes are a better source of iron, which is needed to help manufacture red blood cells. One serving of the sweet potatoes has 18 percent of your daily requirements, while the white mashed has just 2 percent.
Keep in mind that you can reduce the calorie and fat content of the white mashed by using skim milk. If you add salt to either dish, sodium levels will be higher, and the sweet potato mash was calculated without cream or brown sugar, which would both add calories. Want to add a little seasoning to the sweet potatoes without drastically altering the nutritional content? Sprinkle on some cinnamon and nutmeg.
Giving a gift of beauty is a wonderful way to provide special women in your life with a present that they will enjoy throughout the holidays and into the New Year. Each year, philosophy offers a wide range of holiday gifts with options for an array of prices to suit every budget. This year is no different, as philosophy has released a line of fabulous gifts filled with some new products and classic favorites.
Here is a look at eight of these great holiday gift ideas to help you with your shopping:
1. philosophy sweetly glazed duo set - Body souffles are pampering whipped lotions that are perfect for fighting signs of dry winter skin, and the philosophy sweetly glazed duo set includes two of them beautifully packaged in a festive red box for gift giving. The raspberry glazed body souffle and almond glazed body souffle both contain rich shea butter and aloe to hydrate and soothe the skin from head to toe.
2. philosophy snow angel duo - Remember the fun of bundling up in winter clothes to go outside and make snow angels? The fragrance of the products in the philosophy snow angel duo was inspired by that clean, refreshing feeling of lying in a snow drift on a sunny day and is an affordable gift for the holidays. The set includes an 8-ounce shower gel & bubble bath and an 8-ounce body lotion.
3. philosophy festive favorites - In this gift set, the beloved skin care line features some of their most popular formulas, many of which have a cult-like legion of devoted users. This makes the philosophy festive favorites a great way to introduce someone to this remarkable skin care brand. The kit includes the microdelivery exfoliating facial wash, the purity made simple 3-in-1 cleanser, the hope in a jar high-performance moisturizer and the hope in a jar night intense retexturizing moisturizer for daily skin care as well as the microdelivery in-home vitamin c/peptide peel for addressing skin imperfections like signs of aging and hyperpigmentation.
4. philosophy holiday miracles kit - The philosophy holiday miracles kit contains three products from the miracle worker line, which is designed to gently address signs of aging. The products use advanced ingredients to resurface the tissue and promote firmer, more youthful looking skin. The trio consists of the miraculous anti-aging lactic acid cleanser and mask, the miraculous anti-aging retinoid eye repair and the miraculous anti-aging moisturizer.
5. philosophy holiday handbook - If you're unsure what her skin care routine consists of, skip the products for the complexion and opt for the philosophy holiday handbook. This set features three different versions of the brand's luxurious hand cream made with shea, mango and cocoa butters. The yummy homemade honeybuns, spiced gingerbread cookie and cranberry medley fragrances of the creams are every bit as appealing as the soothing, hydrating actions of the formulas.
6. philosophy snow angel shower gel - Need a stocking stuffer or an inexpensive gift for the white elephant or grab bag party? The philosophy snow angel shower gel is the perfect choice. This shower gel has a fresh, clean scent and even doubles as a shampoo and a bubble bath. The fragrance is suitable for tweens and teens as well as for women, making this a very versatile inexpensive gift of beauty.
7. philosophy the cookie exchange trio - If she has a sweet tooth and a passion for makeup, the philosophy the cookie exchange trio is sure to be a treat for her holiday gift. Packaged in an attractive double-handled box, the set includes a trio of products with wonderful cookie-inspired fragrances. She'll receive the christmas cookie shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath and the sweet creamy frosting body lotion for before and after her shower as well as a tube of the sugar sprinkles high-gloss high-flavor lip shine with a universal rose tint.
8. philosophy homemade honey buns duo - When you give her the philosophy homemade honey buns duo for the holidays, you'll help her fill her day with the scent of fresh, homemade honey buns right out of the oven! The set gives her the triple action homemade honey buns shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath and the coordinating body lotion in a colorful gift box. This is another set that will appeal to both women and teens.
You can purchase philosophy gift sets from a wide variety of brick and mortar and online retailers. Keep in mind that the sets are only available for a limited time, so don't miss your chance to order or purchase one in time for the holidays.
More Posts Next page »